Welcome to my Jaguar Eyes Blog

This is the place to comment on the book. If you liked it or didn't, I would appreciate any comments. If you'd like to know more about the characters or the places in the book, this is the place to find out about them

Monday, August 3, 2015



Masjed-e Shah Mosque
Isfahan




“It was but a short distance over the paved pathways, diagonally across the square, to Masjed-e Shah Mosque. I think, without doubt, that this is the most beautiful building in the world, though by now I had said this three times. Granted I have never been to the Taj Mahal, thought by many the world over to hold the title of world's most beautiful building and it certainly has a more romantic history, but I have still travelled extensively and visited many great buildings in many countries. Most, if not all, have been used to either worship a deity, or represent power in some way. But Masjed-e Shah Mosque, to my eyes, is just pure and simple beauty. To this day, I can picture so clearly the magnificence of the blue and white spectacle that opened before me. Crisp, neat and immaculate in every way, yet intricate, fragile and fine. Enormous and awe inspiring, yet delicate and light. Bright light. As if bathed by the heavens. I was truly awestruck.”

Excerpt From: Jamie.B Ernstein. “The Last Jew of Kabul."

No comments:

Post a Comment