Welcome to my Jaguar Eyes Blog

This is the place to comment on the book. If you liked it or didn't, I would appreciate any comments. If you'd like to know more about the characters or the places in the book, this is the place to find out about them

Monday, August 3, 2015

Royal Achaemenid Tombs



“But however remarkable Persepolis was, it was our next stop that really knocked my socks off. I thought that it would take something really special to impress me after Persepolis, but the Royal Achaemenid Tombs succeeded in doing just that. Massive, carved reliefs, cut into a sheer rocky cliff, appeared to be more what I would expect to see in the Valley of Kings, in Egypt, such was their colossal size. They imposed themselves on all around them, diminishing everything within sight. I was simply stunned by their immensity. They reminded me of Petra, in Jordan; made so famous by Indiana Jones in the movies. These tombs a ready-made set for a follow-up movie.”

Excerpt From: Jamie.B Ernstein. “The Last Jew of Kabul.”

No comments:

Post a Comment